Call For Applications: Border Movement Residency South Asia 2017
Image Credit: Annika Henderson
BMR is a program in partnership with Goethe-Institut, Wild City, Ableton and Musicboard Berlin offering unique tailor made residencies for South Asian and Berlin based artists. 2016 saw the launch of BMR with residencies for KʌLʌ, Dinelka and Ghazaleh E in Berlin and 2 Berlin based artists in Tehran and India.
2017 will again see BMR invite 3 more artists from South Asia to participate in 3 residencies. Also, two Berlin based artists can apply for residencies in Tehran and other South Asian cities.
We currently have an open call for Berlin based artists to apply for the 2017 South Asia residency opportunities via our partners Musicboard Berlin. To apply simply head here and complete the application form. Deadline for applications is March 15, 2017 – midnight.
The application must contain:
- Completed application form
- Detailed description of the artistic project and motivation
- Detailed overview of the professional artistic history, including stage experience, performances/gigs, e.g. cooperation with other musicians/artists
- Work samples: please choose 3 tracks that characterize your work best, (please no link lists) only MP3 formats, they can be uploaded directly in the online-form
- Financial plan, accounting the amount of the requested funding
- Copy of registration issued by the registration office (residency proof) or identity card – for citizens of non-EU countries: additional copies of passport, residence permit, duration of stay, type of work permit. Berlin as place of residence must be clearly evident!
Applications will soon open for South Asian artists to apply for BMR: Berlin – for more information head here.